Australian Catholic University (ACU) is a national public teaching and research university. It has seven campuses and offers programs in four faculties throughout Australia. The university was formed on 1 January 1989 following the amalgamation of the Catholic College of Education in Sydney, the Institute of Catholic Education in Melbourne, McAuley College in Brisbane and Signadou College in Canberra. As its name implies, the university has a Catholic identity, history, and mission.
THE ACU ADVANTAGE
ACU offers the opportunity for students to experience the very best of what academic study in Australia can offer. This, combined with focusing on social responsibility and teaching inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition, means that students achieve success both during their time with ACU and upon joining the other 70,000 strong alumni community after graduation.
ACU is highly ranked by The Good Universities Guide 2014 for gaining full-time employment and starting salary, staff qualifications and cultural diversity, assuring you a high-quality academic and social experience.
ACU have extensive (and growing) links with more than 100 institutions in over 25 countries, opening the doors of the world to you.
ACU has seven campuses in six different cities:
- North Sydney Campus (MacKillop)
- Strathfield Campus (Mount St Mary)
- Melbourne Campus (St Patrick’s)
- Ballarat Campus (Aquinas)
- Brisbane Campus (McAuley at Banyo)
- Canberra Campus (Signadou)
- Adelaide Campus (St Francis of Assisi)
ACU has four faculties, each offering a range of courses:
- Education, arts and humanities,
- Global studies and international development studies,
- Media communications,
- Social science,
- Youth work, and creative arts,
- Visual arts and design.
- Environmental Science
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Science
- Mental Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Paramedicine, Physiotherapy
- Public Health
- Social Work And Speech Pathology
- Business Administration
- Accounting And Finance
- Information Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Occupational Health And Safety
- These disciplines encourage students to search for wisdom, knowledge and truth.