Master of Education (Education Management)
1 – 2 Years Full Time
All Year Round
The programme is designed to provide educational individuals with the knowledge and skills to be an effective educator. In line with the current shift of knowledge-based economy, the programme is specially made to produce graduates with wide education knowledge and skills to function as effective educators and trainers in educational sectors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, Malaysian Qualifications Framework, MQF) in related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 as accepted by the HEP senate; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) in related fields with a minimum CGPA 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75 can be accepted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment*; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment.
- Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP and meet the minimum CGPA based on (1) to (3).
Students are required to complete 6 modules, and a research project related to business and management.
- MEET1103 Educational Technology for Teaching & Learning
- MERM1103 Research Methodology in Education
- MECT1204 Concept and Theories in Educational Management
- MEST1103 Statistics in Education
- MECI1103 Contemporary issues in Educational Management & Leadership
- MEAL1204 Educational Administration and Leadership
- MEDI1320 Project Paper / Dissertation
Total: 120 credit hours