Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Operation)
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Corporate Development)
Registry, Student & Academic Services
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Student Affair)
Director of International Office
Human Resource Manager
Alumni and Industrial Placement
Head of Marketing
Head of Accommodation Services
Doctor of Business Administration, EU Switzerland
Master of Human Capital Management, Univ Malaysia Sabah
Bachelor of Management (Hons) Entrepreneurship, UNIRAZAK
PhD Education, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
MSc Education, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
BSc in Education. Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
Adjunct Faculty Members
Professor of Education Leadership
President, ExeJapan School of Business, Tokyo
Dean of Tourism and Hospitality Management
Tamagawa University, Tokyo
The International Student Office is based in the Student Affairs. We provide specialist support to students who come to study at Jesselton from outside the Malaysia, facilitate student mobility opportunities and administer student exchange support. Prospective and current students from outside the Malaysia should visit our International Office for guidance on admission, immigration, orientation and studying at Jesselton.
The International Student Office is responsible for:
The International Students area of the website provides guidance for students from outside the Malaysia through every stage of your student journey, from application through to opportunities after studying.
International Student Admission Procedure
Step 1: Registration and Document Submission
- Academic Qualifications: Certified True Copy of all academic transcripts and completion certificate. Non-English documents require official English-translated versions.
- Transfer Students: Additional documents like final transcripts, programme syllabus, and portfolio (if applicable) are required for credit exemption consideration.
- Postgraduate Applications: Include Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume and a 2-3 page essay explaining goals and objectives related to the chosen programme.
- If studying at another institution of higher learning in Malaysia, student must obtain Released Letter from existing institution.
- Passport copy, must be valid for at least 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- Passport-sized photograph with a white background
- Health declaration form
- Medical report form
- Accommodation application form (if required).
Step 2: Application Fee and Visa Processing
Applicants are required to pay the application fee, which includes the student visa fee. The fee varies based on the programme type and nationality. Payment must be made via Telegraphic Transfer (TT) to the designated accounts. Please seek advice from International Office for payment.
Step 3: Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO)
After meeting the entry requirements and completing the payment, Jesselton University College will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) to the applicant. The university will then proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) on behalf of the student, which typically takes 8-10 weeks.
Step 4: Confirmation of Offer and Visa Approval
Upon remittance of the initial and miscellaneous fees, including total rental and deposit (for those required accommodation arrangement), Jesselton University College will courier the original Letter of Offer and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request.
Step 5: Apply for e-VISA
To apply for e-SEV, please logon to https://malaysiavisa.imi.gov.my/evisa/evisa.jsp
- Copy of your offer letter
- VAL issued by the Immigration Department of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
- Your original passport
- One way ticket to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Alternatively, student may also apply the SEV at the Malaysian Embassy/Consulate of your home country as stated in the VAL.
Step 6: Make arrangement to visit to Sabah, Malaysia
Please complete all requirements to enter Malaysia before the departure date
- e-VISA Approval Document
- VISA Approval Letter (VAL)
- Offer Letter from University
- Certificate of Vaccination