- Pursue your research at a highly recognized University in Malaysia (Jesselton University College)
- Join our collaborative and inclusive research community
- Avail the benefits of using the University’s infrastructure, library and laboratories
- Obtain official University’s email address to communicate with researchers and institutions across the globe
About Jesselton University College (JUC)
JUC is a leading private higher education institution in Sabah. We strive to focus on creating educational and career opportunities for people by means of which students may obtain higher educational qualifications and knowledge in various fields. Over the years, the university has focused on flexible and interdisciplinary training and educational systems.
Established since 1988 under The Education Ordinance, 1961 (Ordinance No. 9 of 1961) and re-registered as Institut Prima Bestari when the Private Higher Educational Institutions Act 1996 was enacted. The institution has demonstrated an outstanding and proven track record such as achieving 5-star ratings by Ministry of Higher Education for consecutive years. As a commendation to its commitment and quality towards higher education, the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia has granted the degree granting University College status to the institution in 2021.
Call-for-Positions: Postdoc Fellowship – Management and Information Technology and Systems
JUC being a leading private higher education institution in East Malaysia, is seeking talented Postdoctoral Research Fellows to join the University to carryout research in Management, Technology and Information Systems. The Research Fellows will work with distinguished Professors and other academics in their respective fields.
As Postdoctoral Research Fellows in Management and Information Technology and Systems, you will continue to do research in your chosen areas. The fellowship is to encourage research culture across all institutions of higher learning.
Your application must include 1) a cover letter, 2) CV and 3) responses to the selection criteria, 4) proposal of your research topic.
- Educational background in Management and Information Technology and systems
- Demonstrate academic excellence and high potential for success in your chosen field
- Have obtained a doctoral degree relevant to the said fields
- Not have held a Postdoctoral Fellowship previously
- Begin the fellowship immediately and submit the prescribed outputs to the Supervisor / Research Management Centre within a year
- Publish 3 manuscripts in Scopus indexed journals and one paper in a non-Scopus journal with the affiliation of JUC
- Submit a report of 10 000 words to supervisor. There is NO oral defense or written assessment
- Undertake classes if there is a need
- Preference will be given to nominees who have completed their doctoral degree related to the Management and Information Technology and Systems
- In addition, JUC will be seeking to balance the diversity of candidates and distribution of Postdoctoral Fellows across academic divisions to ensure that program goals and objectives are met
- Demonstrated ability to teach in a university environment
- Demonstrated ability to produce excellent research and supervision of Undergraduate / Honors students
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners in universities, government and/or civil society
- Demonstrated skills and experience in joint-research
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
JUC avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments. If you feel that you have the skills and experience to make this role a success, your application is most welcome.
- a cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- responses to the selection criteria,
- a short proposal of your research topic (1000 words)
Once your application is approved, you are required to pay registration fee to process your application and assign supervisors. Details of it will be enumerated through an email to successful candidates.
Click here to submit the zip file of all relevant documents. Unless you have all details in place please do not apply as incomplete applications will be rejected.